Database to include 1000’s of high-quality supplies together with polymers, metals and composites, serving to a number of main solvers
Altair has launched the Altair Materials Information Heart, a contemporary, complete and high-fidelity materials database for simulation. It consists of correct information and information lineage for metals, plastics and composites, and straight connects with Altair’s and different main solvers.
The launch of the Altair Materials Information Heart, now mixed with M-Base’s plastic materials database, permits Altair to supply the essential complete materials info and infrastructure wanted to foretell and optimise product efficiency by way of simulation. It allows designers, engineers, and scientists to discover supplies – together with structural, fatigue, fluid/thermal, electromagnetic properties, in addition to manufacturing course of particular information – in a standalone software or by way of the interface of Altair simulation and optimisation instruments.
“Altair Materials Information Heart is one more compelling resolution to assist our clients save time, cash, and enhance product innovation and efficiency all through the complete lifecycle of growth and manufacturing,” stated James R. Scapa, founder and chief government officer, Altair. “We have now established sturdy relationships with materials producers and now with the acquisition of M-Base, we’ve expanded our presence within the plastics business.”
The Altair Materials Information Heart provides:
- Complete materials info administration system – entry to supplies information for metals, polymers and composites, together with datasheets, uncooked information, and solver playing cards with full traceability again to the provider supply, guaranteeing legitimate assumptions and consistency throughout groups.
- Versatile accessibility and scalability – clients can seamlessly entry the Altair Materials Information Heart as a SaaS resolution hosted by Altair or privately to handle proprietary info inside the resolution.
- Intuitive consumer expertise – easy web-based interface to intuitively browse, search, view, and evaluate materials information.
- Complete simulation-centric information views – materials playing cards will be shortly and simply generated for Altair and all main solvers.
- Clean integration – by way of an open API, the Altair Materials Information Heart can combine with any desktop/solver for non-disruptive workflow.
- Broad and deep partnerships – sturdy relationships with materials producers, guaranteeing correct, high-quality, and up-to-date materials info
- Collaboration – materials specialists can collaborate on the fabric curation course of earlier than it’s revealed within the Altair Materials Information Heart for enterprise-wide domain-specific entry.
“Baosteel is proud to collaborate with Altair to deeply combine our materials information into the digital growth technique of automotive business customers whereas guaranteeing the information is well accessible by way of Altair merchandise and different generally used CAE software program with out advanced information processing,” stated Dr Changwei Lian, senior researcher, Baosteel Group Company. “Having our high-quality materials information included within the Altair Materials Information Heart will present fast and handy entry to our newest analysis outcomes and the correct software information reflecting the efficiency of Baosteel merchandise.”
“We’re extraordinarily excited to have SABIC’s polymer materials information included within the Altair Materials Information Heart,” stated Subhransu S. Mohapatra, materials information chief, specialities, SABIC. “Altair clients will now have the flexibility to entry SABIC’s materials engineering information to additional improve the depth and high quality of data required for manufacturing simulation.”